We’re looking for someone to join our office and culture who loves building websites with a purpose.
Experience with WordPress, Sass, Twig, Laravel, relational databases with millions-to-billions of rows, and social media APIs are a plus but not a requirement.
- Are you the kind of person who always has a few projects going on at once?
- Do you sometimes stay up late at night tinkering with new languages and frameworks, or hacking away at an undocumented API?
- Are you the kind of person who isn’t afraid of making and admitting a mistake — and then learning from it?
- Do you enjoy learning from people with different backgrounds and skills than your own
- Are you interested in utilizing digital tools and data to increase personal and economic freedom for more people?
If the above are true, you’re probably a good fit for Red Edge.
About Red Edge
We’re an Arlington-based digital advocacy firm which primarily assists clients on free-market and personal liberty issues with apps, ads, and ideas. We’ve made some awesome stuff, but you can be a part of making our best products yet.
- Work in a fast-paced, exciting environment
- Don’t care about titles
- Do care about talent
- Don’t care about your grades in school
- Do care about passion
- Won’t be impressed by the five years of “experience” you had stagnating at one job
- Will be impressed by a cool project you made on your own
The ideal candidate would:
- Enjoy kicking ass
- Work hard and play hard
- Possess a good sense of humor
- Relish the chance to try new things
- Know what they don’t know, and have a drive to improve
- Be humble enough to admit mistakes, and smart enough to learn from them
- May lack for experience but not of a desire to learn
- Enjoy messing with the status quo
- Want to create one’s own job description based on his/her own success
- Work in our Virginia office location
About our office:
- We’re located right above the Courthouse metro stop and are an easy commute from just about anywhere. Transit or parking benefits are available.
- Our hours are 9:30-6:30, but flexible. Our focus is on getting stuff done and having fun, not waiting for a clock.
- Dress is casual, except sometimes when we have to meet clients.
- In general, we prefer common sense to typed out rules.
- We subsidize health insurance and transit or parking, sponsor and contribute to a 401(k) for eligible employees, and may offer potential relocation adjustment commensurate with position and fit.
- As you’d expect from a tech-focused firm, we have snacks, a well-stocked bar, and beer in the refrigerator.