Red Edge has been pleased to have worked with the American Heart Association’s team of dedicated public health advocates on several major public projects. In particular, the YoureTheCure.org web-based grassroots action center has helped hundreds of thousands of Americans reach out to their communities to get children more active, share stories to increase women seeking appropriate and timely medical care, and much more.
The Reed Award-winning site and Action Center had a number of strategically crafted components:
- The values-driven design leads with the group’s critical mission, “to be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives,” to give context for the rest of the site’s content and action opportunities
- Contact-congress and other grassroots actions are driven through Phone2Action, a leading grassroots engagement platform
- The site was built on the NationBuilder platform, which acts as a central CRM for tracking user engagement
- The CRM tracks and rewards active users through gamefication system in which some people amass tens of thousands of points, reflecting their lasting impact on their communities
- The site’s Advocate Stories compendium collects and visualizes more than 1,200 stories from across the country